Advantages and disadvantages of prescription sunglasses
There are many advantages that prescription sunglasses offer to users who want to protect themselves from the sun without compromising the quality of their vision, let's review the most outstanding:
|- The best solution if you can not use contact lenses: Many will wonder what is the need to wear prescription sunglasses when they can wear contact lenses and wear sunglasses at the same time. Well, that option is not valid for everyone. There are people who can not wear contact lenses for reasons of allergy, dry eyes or corneal problems. For them, prescription sunglasses are the perfect alternative to protect themselves from the sun and correct their vision at the same time. And this brings us to the second big advantage.
- They correct and protect: With prescription sunglasses you have both needs covered, the correction of visual problems and protection against UV rays. Even if you use contact lenses regularly, it is good to rest your eyes from time to time with a pair of prescription sunglasses.
- Also for children: The little ones must also protect their eyes from UV rays and if they need to correct their vision, it can be perfectly achieved by wearing prescription sunglasses.
|- Perfect for outdoor activities: If you spend a lot of time away from home, practice sports on the street, work outdoors, or just walk around daily, the prescription sunglasses will become the essential complement to ensure both protection and correction, even if you want to be in fashion. This leads us to another great advantage.
- Health and fashion go hand in hand: Although sunglasses (whether with prescription lenses or without them) are a product for visual health, the truth is that in recent years they have reached the category of fashion accessory. Practically all the big international brands and designers have their line of sunglasses and their designs are so varied that they cover all kinds of tastes and styles. With your prescription sunglasses, in addition to protecting your eyes and improving your vision, you will be able to show off a latest trend that will not go unnoticed.
Although it is true that the advantages are numerous and great, the fact is that prescription sunglasses can also present some drawbacks, although everything has a solution! We explain to you what they are for you to know them and you can assess this way if it is worthwhile to acquire prescription sunglasses:
- Problems depending on the luminosity: Problems can occur if there are abrupt changes in luminosity, but they are rare and can be avoided with photochromic lenses (click here to learn more about photochromic lenses).
- Fashion changes quickly: Being a fashion accessory, if we choose a particularly extravagant or striking model to add prescription lenses, we run the risk of going out of style in a short time or even it might be a difficult model to match with our daily outfits. For this reason, if you decide to acquire prescription sunglasses, the ideal is that you choose a simple or timeless model that does not look old after a couple of seasons.
With all this information it will be easy to assess if it really suits you to get some prescription sunglasses. However, if you have any questions or want more information, our optometrists will be happy to assist you and help you in whatever you need.