Keep your glasses perfect with these ideas
As with any other product, it is necessary to properly maintain our glasses to prevent them from deteriorating and make them look nice and shiny for longer. For this, there are some fundamental points that you must take into account:
Easy, right? However, everything has its trick. Keep reading to learn everything you need about the correct maintenance of your prescription glasses.
How to clean prescription glasses
The lenses of prescription glasses are quite prone to accumulate dirt (dust in the environment, skin grease, makeup, eyelashes and eyebrows ...). Sometimes the rush leads us to clean them with the first thing we find (a tissue, one end of the shirt or skirt ...) without being aware that with these gestures we are deteriorating the lenses.
So, what is the best way to clean the prescription glasses?
The fastest way is to use a microfiber cloth. Generally all brand glasses include one (in addition to a case) and are ideal for a cleaning of our glasses before we wear them every day. To do this, blow lightly on the glass to remove particles of dirt that can scratch them, spread the cloth covering the lenses and rub gently in circular movements.
You can repeat this process as many times a day as necessary, both dry and wet (you can help yourself with special cleaning liquids that are purchased in any optician’s shop) but you must bear in mind that with this measure you will not get a deep cleaning of your glasses.
For a deeper cleaning, rinse your glasses with warm water to remove impurities (do not use hot water, it can damage the lens coating). Then use a little dishwashing liquid to clean the lenses (you can rub them with your fingers until you get a little foam). Finally, rinse them until the entire product is removed and dry them with the microfiber cloth making soft circular movements. It is enough that you follow this process once or twice a week. This way your glasses will be as good as if they were new.
If in any case you want the cleaning of your glasses to be carried out in the most rigorous way, you can take them to your trusted optician’s shop so they can be cleaned in depth. It will be enough if you do it a couple of times a year.
How to keep prescription glasses
|All brand glasses include an official case or bag with the ideal size and rigidity for its correct protection. The ideal is to keep the glasses in its case whenever we remove them, with that we avoid not only scratching but also dirtiness.|
In addition to cleaning and storing the glasses correctly there are some details that you should keep in mind to have your glasses always in the best conditions:
- Never put your glasses down with the lenses touching any surface, always leave them resting on the arms to avoid scratching the lenses.
- For the same reason, never keep your glasses in your pocket or put them in your bag without their case.
- Do not hold the glasses by touching the lenses, always hold them by the bridge or by the arms so they don’t get dirty.
- Do not subject your glasses to high temperatures, excessive heat can deform the frame. Avoid leaving them next to hot plates, ovens, stoves...
- Do not put your glasses as a headband on your head, if you do it often the arms will end up being deformed.
- Never clean the glasses with paper tissues as they rub dirt particles on the lenses causing scratches and loss of shine. Also avoid using wet wipes, most of them contain alcohol, which is harmful to organic lenses.
- Also, do not clean the glasses with concentrated detergents or moisturizing soaps, they can leave marks and even damage the coating of the lenses.
Follow all these tips to keep your glasses always ready and extend their life. And if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you.